Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Filed under: Food
I made these last week for a girls night-in, and they were quite a success. They are healthy, gluten-free, and delicious, so what's not to love? If you make these, please don't forget to top with whipped coconut milk, not doing so would be like eating pasta without parmesan cheese, if you know what I mean ;)
What you need:
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal
- 3/4 coconut milk
- 6 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
What to do:
For the crust, I used this recipe, which has become my new go-to recipe for crusts, so easy and no butter involved.
For the chocolate part, just place all ingredients in the food processor and press until smooth. Pour over crusts and refrigerate until ready to serve. I placed mine in the freezer and took out 20 min or so before serving.
Once ready to serve top with whipped coconut milk (recipe here) and some toasted coconut or hazelnut shavings ;)
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Monday, October 20, 2014
Filed under: Inspiration
Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend! I had a relaxing Saturday and even managed to finish Gone Girl, so so so good, if you haven't read it yet, go get it and devour it! Can't wait to watch the movie :)
For today I have some white and gold inspiration, something I couldn't keep for long on Instagram ;) Hope you enjoy it!
Caitlin Wilson Textiles Gold Lotus Pillow Cover / BaubleBar Earrings / Jonathan Adler Zebra Dish / DIY Pencils / Polka dot Washi Tape / Tory Burch Perfume / Graphic Image Pen / West Elm Napkin Rings / Kate Spade Odds and Ends Dish / Kate Spade Sailor's Knot Ring / BaubleBar x Nordstrom Diva Drop Earrings / Yves Saint Laurent 'Touche Éclat' Radiant Touch / Gold Glazed Bowl / Yves Saint Laurent 'Blush Radiance' Blush / Gold Striped Paper Straws / Anthropologie Streamline Hook / Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil / Tatcha Radiant Deep Brightening Serum / DIY Scalloped Jewelry Dishes / Gold Dot Stickers / Succulent
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Friday, October 17, 2014
Filed under: Weekend
Even though this was a short week, I don't know why it just seemed like a regular one to me, so I'm happy that the weekend is here! I don't have any special plans, to be honest I'm just looking forward to taking it a bit slow on both mornings, and hopefully have some time to read Gone Girl :)
Here's what I have this week! Wishing you an amazing weekend :)
. Yesterday my friend Jenny was wearing this cape, and even though I'm not the biggest capes fan, I really liked that it was structured, plus, it looked amazing on her.
. Exercise makes you younger, here's how
. Great sales to know about: Madewell is having extra 30% off sale items :) I love their jeans and this wash looks great, also loving these flats and this plaid shirt :) / Loeffler Randall is having their Friends and Family sale! I'd take any of their booties, and how cool are these? / Lastly Kate Spade is offering 30% off everything, even at outlet stores (code F14FFUS)
. 11 foods that help you with stress
. 7 habits of incredibly happy people and 15 things they don't do
. Alexander Wang for H&M, all here
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Thursday, October 16, 2014
Filed under: Food
Protein bites are a weekly staple in my kitchen, not only they are super easy to make, but they make the perfect pre and post workout energy bite. And because I'm always on the go, having a bowl in the fridge filled with these is very practical and convenient.
So last week I decided to give my old recipe a little spin and instead of combining everything in a bowl like I normally do, I decided to use the food processor and add some medjool dates, something that I've been cooking with a lot lately. Well, let me tell you that these turned out insanely delicious, seriously decadent and sweet, but packed with a lot of protein and good stuff :)
They are not messy and sticky like these, have waaaay less sugar, and the flavour is just so so good, trust me, make these!
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flax meal
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use VEGA Vanilla protein powder)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Add ons such as apricots, and dark chocolate chips to taste (you could also use raisins or cranberries)
- Coconut (I use the unsweetened kind)
WHAT TO DO:
- Place all ingredients (except add-ons) in a food processor, leaving the almond butter and raw honey for last and press until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in your add-ons. I like to divide it in two and add apricots to one half and dark chocolate chips to the other one ;)
- Take a small amount in your hand and pressing with your fist, shape it into small balls.
- Roll into coconut (optional). Since they are not sticky you have to press the coconut a little bit so that it sticks.
- Place in the fridge in a bowl with plastic wrap or container and enjoy!
It will look a bit crumbly, but it actually holds up pretty well when you press it together into a ball
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Filed under: My life
Last week I got the chance to learn from the founder of Arquiste how he came up with J.Crew's new fragrances No. 31 and No. 57 and the whole personal story behind them; it was so so interesting and found the process to be so creative and thoughtful! It was a quite an interesting morning and I'm glad I came home with some freebies ;) I also got some new sneakers and I'm obsessed! Plaid lining? hell yeah! :)
Studs are my daily go-to, I don't even take them off to sleep ;)
New ritual: ending the week with some yoga. For those of you in Toronto, every Sunday there's free yoga at the MEC on King Street ;)
Got these from the sweet ladies who do my hair (Evolve Studio) and I hear that they are as good as the packaging ;)
As comfy as you can be :)
J.Crew Camp Socks / Madewell Leggings (old, these are almost identical if not the same!) / Madewell Tee (old)
New Balance 420 sneakers, my new favorites! They run true to size, just fyi ;)
Tory Burch Lotion / Tatcha Radiant Deep Brightening Serum (c/o) / Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (c/o) / Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil / Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
Well well, is that time of the year again, the Shopbop sale event that is, and I've rounded-up my favorite picks from the site. For 3 days only, you get 25% off site-wide so take advantage of it and invest in a great bag, coat or winter boots. I bought my Robinson Satchel on one of these sales, same as my moto boots, so if there's something you've been eyeing, this is the time to snatch it ;)
There are a couple of things that I own that I recommend 100% ;)
- The Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise satchel is a great handbag size, not too small, not too big, it even fits my DSRL and I like that it looks kinda ladylike, you know, for those occasions when you need to dress up a bit.
- I get tons of compliments on that zebra dish, great for keys, jewelry...
- These moto boots are super comfortable with a perfect rugged look. If you are on a budget then the Sam Edelman are a great option ;)
- These coated jeans fit great, and have that "leather look" without the price tag. They fit true to size ;)
- Rebecca Minkoff has been nailing it with her bags lately, and this bag is such a great alternative to the classic Chanel. You kinda get the look without braking the bank!
1. Books with Style Jacques Helleu & Chanel by Jacques Helleu / 2. Matt Bernson Verona Pointed Toe Haircalf Flats / 3. Rebecca Minkoff Mini Love Cross Body Bag / 4. Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Dot Passport Holder / 5. Sam Edelman Balfour Monk Strap Flats / 6. Madewell Coloblock Car Coat / 7. Mackage Berta Plaid Wool Coat / 8. Ray-Ban Mirrored Original Aviator Sunglasses / 9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Leather Baker Watch / 10. Tory Burch Padlock Haircalf Satchel / 11. Dolce Vita Brigid Flats / 12. Loeffler Randall Ella Booties / 13. Jeffrey Campbell Brit Wrap Strap Booties / 14. Rifle Paper Co Garance Dore Collection Bonjour iPhone 5 / 5S Case / 15. Tory Burch Kerrington iPhone 5 / 5S Case / 16. Books with Style Fashion Memoires Book Set / 17. Vince Leather Sleeve Shawl Collar Coat / 18. Vince Asymmetrical Vest / 19. Rebecca Minkoff Love Clutch / 20. Blank Denim Vegan Leather & Ponte Jacket / 21. Reiko Kaneko Lip Tease Mug / 22. Sam Edelman Ridge Wired Booties / 23. Current/Elliott The Soho Zip Stiletto Jeans / 24. Books with Style The Big Book of Chic / 25. Kristen Elspeth Bar Stud Earrings / 26. Sorel Winter Fancy Lace Up Boots / 27. Tai Alphabet Earrings / 28. Club Monaco Erika Bow Flats / 29. Steven Vadah d'Orsay Pumps / 30. Madewell Fenwick Bucket Bag / 31. Karen Walker Harvest Sunglasses / 32. Madewell Dree Sweatshirt Dress / 33. Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Maise Cross Body Bag / 34. Jonathan Adler Metallic Zebra Dish / 35. Matt Bernson Darby Oxfords / 36. Loeffler Randall Walker Clutch / 37. Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Booties
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Monday, October 13, 2014
Filed under: Inspiration
Happy Monday! Since today we're celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving, I wanted to share my favorite quotes about being grateful and thankful, nothing but great reminders that we should all acknowledge, not just today, but every single day. Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Friday, October 10, 2014
Filed under: Weekend
Yes for Friday!!! And double yes for Long Weekend :) Wishing you a great weekend and to my canadian friends, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you get to spend it in family ;) Here's what I got this week:
. 6 apps and pro tips for better phone photos
. In case you don't know, J.Crew is having extra 40% off sale items and 30% off regular price items!! These look incredibly comfy and I looooove these
. 10 easy ways to eat clean when you're busy
. Plaid love: this and this look!
. A must-watch!
. Really like this and this from Anthro ;)
. On repeat :)
PS: Don't forget to enter this giveaway if you haven't done so already ;)