Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Friday, July 25, 2014
Filed under: Weekend
Happy Friday! Any plans for the weekend? I got nothing planned, except a trip to the Farmer's market, playground time, running, and homemade pizza lunch with my bestie Sarah ;) Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! My weekly links below ;)
. I was seriously mesmerized by these microscopic shots!
. Great decorating tips on how to maximize space!
. If my size was available, I'd snag these ;)
. Best apps to help you stay organized!
. What labels of natural foods would look like...interesting.
. 10 tips on social media
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Thursday, July 24, 2014
Summer is definitely the season I pull out easy, flowy and feminine eyelet and lace pieces, and this eyelet skort has quickly become a favorite. I really like that you get the skirt look with the comfort of a pair of shorts, so I've been wearing it non-stop with tees, chambray shirts and in this case, this striped top. Because eyelet and lace are so delicate, I normally pair them with pieces that have a little bit of an edge so that I don't feel too girly, so usually a pair of sandals like these I'm wearing or a vest like this one does it for me ;)
Wearing: Ray-Ban Original Aviators / Bauble Bar for Nordstrom Crystal Mesopotamia Earrings / Zara Striped top (similar) / J.Crew Pleated Eyelet Skort (on super sale right now) / Dolce Vita Poppi Heels / Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise Handbag
Here are this week's picks! And if you're looking for some savings, Shopbop is having an extra 25% on selected sale items (ends today), and J.Crew is offering extra 40% sale items, (looove these) just saying ;)
1. Talula Koyko T-shirt: Always love a positive graphic tee ;)
2. Clare Vivier Supreme Haircalf Mini Sac: What's not love about a leopard mini bag?! ;)
3. Maison Martin Margiela Cutout Python Booties: So in love with these that are on super sale!
4, 5 and 6: Jennifer Ament Underwater Plantlife #9, Underwater plantlife #6 and Underwater plantlife #10: Super obsessed with these black and white prints, perfectly framed in brass.
7. Think & Ink Studio Mouse pads: These mouse pads from this Vancouver based studio I just came across with are totally rad, don't you think? And at $18 they are not bad at all!
8. Gold & Gray Knotted Aquamarine Shark tooth: An edgy pendant with a delicate strand. Did you know that they are symbol of strength and power? I just found that out!
9. Anthropologie Safari Saunter Pillow: Love this super fun cushion!
10. BaubleBar Metallic 360 Studs: Black and gold, minimal and modern.
11. Charlotte Stone Luke Haircalf Cross Strap Sandals: I'm officially obsessed with this brand's sandals.
12. Kate Spade New York 15 month agenda: Never too early to start planning, and this beauty runs from August 2014 to December 2015 ;)
13. J.Crew looks: Have you seen J.Crew's August style guide? it's good good good ;)
14. BaubleBar Sharktooth Pendant: I definitely see a fixation! Love the simple and clean design of this necklace.
15. Charlotte Stone Alice Haircalf Double Band Sandals: I fell in love with these the second I saw them, the peachy-pink color is beautiful!
16. Leif Shimmer stripe napkin set and frayed edge napkin set: It's never a bad idea to bring in a pop of color and the shimmering stripes of the pink set is such a good detail.
17. Alexander Wang Kerry Slingback Sandals: Another amazing pair of heels on sale!
18. Danielle Kroll Ladies at the Beach Print: A seriously fun print I spotted on Chassity's instagram ;)
Remember weeks ago when I shared on Instagram my spotted wall? Here are the details about the whole diy in case you want to give this a try. It really is easier than what you'd think, and it's all about patience to be honest, though if you enjoy painting and good tunes, you're set :)
For weeks I was hunting for the spots wallpaper for my entryway and even though I found some really great ones like this one, this one, and this one, I thought there was nothing to loose with giving it a try with some leftover paint I had. Worst case scenario I would just paint over it or just order the wallpaper and cover it ;)
I started with making my own stencil for some sort of guidance, but since spots are such an irregular pattern, I was totally ok with freehand painting here and there. You know, filling gaps and painting on narrow spaces in between doors.
* A tip for making a stencil: find an image of a pattern you like online, place a sheet of paper on top of your computer screen and trace it. That easy ;)
For the first coat I used a bigger brush because I was basically filling in the spaces of the stencil, but for the second coat, which I did freehand, I used a smaller brush (above) for more "precision". Also, some people have asked me about the paint, I used Benjamin Moore Twilight (leftovers from the powder room and bedroom wall I painted).
The whole entryway, which is just as long as my 2.5'x7' runner, took me approximately 8 hours to complete. Of course I didn't paint for 8 hours straight, I took breaks and I did it in two days ;) What do you think? I seriously love it, and I'm glad I saved some bucks!
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Monday, July 21, 2014
Filed under: My life
Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend! I had a low-key Saturday (the weather wasn't exactly the nicest) and a lovely Sunday morning Bluegrass brunch with my friends followed by a great (rainy) run by the lake. My place is filled with peonies from Thursday's photoshoot with Anna (!!!!! for both peonies and photoshoot ;) ) so of course, what else could I do but snap a million photos of them, right?! Wishing you all a great week! :)
Wish I could have these all year-round!
Sunday brunch attire: J.Crew Lightweight merino scalloped sweater (on sale for $30!) / Zara Faux Leather Shorts / Tory Burch Robinson Satchel (square version here) / Steve Madden Ecentric Pony Hair Flat
Excited to try this all natural skin care from California Naturel, anyone a fan? Will let you know how it goes, but so far, I love the packaging and smell ;)
On repeat: these scalloped beauties! :)
Enjoying these babes while they last!
On my re-vamped Ikea bedside table: Target vase / West Elm Small Pillar Lamp (on sale!) / Izola Jasmine Candle / Jonathan Adler Zebra dish / Anthropologie Knob
A couple of pieces I wore on Thursday's photoshoot :)
Topshop Fluffy Fringe Slip Dress / Zara Lace-up sandals (similar) / Forever 21 Eyelet Skirt (sold out, similar) / Marais USA Leopard Pumps (similar) / Madewell Perfect Sunday Chambray Shirt / Bauble Bar for Nordstrom Crystal Mesopotamia Necklace / Bauble Bar for Nordstrom Crystal Mesopotamia Earrings / Bauble Bar Maharaja necklace (sold out, similar)
Bluegrass Brunch at Dakota Tavern, seriously so much fun, I highly recommend it ;)
White peonies ;)
In this post:
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Friday, July 18, 2014
Filed under: Weekend
Yesterday I wrapped a photoshoot with the super talented and lovely Anna from Anna with Love, so stay tuned, because I'm opening the doors of my home to all of you soon ;)
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, hope you enjoy it to the max! :) Here are some links if you'd like to check out:
. The Right Way To Organize Your Refrigerator
. Tips on crushing an early and pre-work workout
. They say that you should have these 10 home items before 30
. What binge watching TV does to your brain
. 12 ways to use coconut oil in the kitchen
. Extra 30% off Madewell Summer Favorites, well I like the sound of that ;)
. Amazing deals from Sole Society (up to 70% off). This for $25 is a steal, love these (just $35), and and I didn't know they had such cool rings?! More favorites below ;)
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Thursday, July 17, 2014
Filed under: Featured
Today you can find me on Lark & Linen sharing some bits and pieces of me ;) I feel super honoured that Jacquelyn asked me to participate in her blog series, so hop on over to learn a bit about me and to check out her amazing blog ;)
*Graphic by Lark & Linen
Posted by Gaby [The Vault Files] on Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Filed under: Great finds
Here are a couple of things that caught my attention this week ;)
Oh! I should share that if you're looking for a good deal in shoes Club Monaco has extra 30% off sale items, and there are some good Loeffler Randall shoes priced down. Same as Steve Madden, lots of sandals on sale with extra 30% off (love these!) Just saying ;)
1. West Elm Market Tote Bag: Loving the whole series of these market totes from West Elm, and for just $9.99?! Perfect for farmer's markets!
2. Pastel Herringbone mini planter: How cool? love love love!
3. S&S for BaubleBar Crystal Mason Ring: This ring looks amazing on! It's right at the op of my wish list ;)
4. and 5. Sonix Mulberry Case and Cotton Candy Case: As much as I love a good print, I love the simplicity and the color combos of these two.
6. Mini Vase in metallic: You can never have too many metallic vases, am I right? ;)
7. Joie A La Plage Sable Two Band Sandals: These!! Swooning!
8. Tropical Alocasia Poster: This color combo is so fresh!!
9. Calabasas Pendant: Oh this pendant, isn't it fabulous?! Let's forget how expensive it is and just admire it ;)
10. Steven Nadene Nubuck Ankle Pumps: I'm always on the hunt for a classic d'Orsay pump that's not too high, and this one looks great!
11. West Elm Marble Cleat Boxes: Well this combo is right up my alley ;)
12. Furbish Arrow Totem Print: A perfect pop of color to a gallery wall.
13. Madewell morningside shiftdress in leopard sketch: a relaxed silhouette with a modern print.
14. Steve Madden Biblical Sandals: I tried these on at the store last week, and ever since, can't stop thinking about them!
15. Hansa Hand: This would be great as a ring/bracelet holder!
16. Loeffler Randall Lock Clutch: A great statement bag!
17. Furbish Black and White Spotted Pillow: Because spots are never a bad idea ;)
18. Madewell Universal Tee: Madewell tees are among my favorites and these are their latest addition, I'm sure they fit perfectly ;)