Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Tips File: 10 tips for better living
I recently came across a list of healthy habits and wanted to share a slightly modified version with all of you for some motivation!
0. I've noticed that the cleaner you eat the cleaner you want to keep doing it and the more sensitive you become to processed foods and additives. You seriously can't compare the taste of a freshly homemade pizza sauce to a store bought one (just an example).
1.I don't think I have to tell you about the benefits of exercising regularly, right? And just as you train your body for a healthier self, you got to feed your mind too ;)
2. if you don't like drinking plain water, try adding some flavour to it with lemons, cucumber, mint, just to name a few.
3. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, and green juices are a great way to get your daily dose of veggies and fruits, plus, they are a healthy snack and I promise you, they taste delicious!
4. It's really important to take both mental and stretch breaks throughout the day. Whenever I feel like I'm stuck, I step off the computer and try to clear my mind. Stretching helps relieve tension and decreases the negative impact of being slightly immobile.
5. Never forget to be grateful, it really gives you perspective of what really matters and I believe you live a happier life when you're grateful.
6. Taking a few minutes to relax and clear your mind can help you de-stress and regain focus.
7. They say that laughter is the best medicine right? ;)
8. Not getting enough sleep can really sabotage your day, so try to aim for 8 hours of sleep.
* this is something I really need to work on, as I haven't been sleeping much lately. Anybody else feels like that there not enough hours in the day???!!
9. I've read that between 9 and 10 thousand steps is healthy, but I really put this as a way to explain that you have to keep moving. Take the stairs, walk if possible, just stay active.
10. "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" - Benjamin Franklin
So, what do you think? are you on board with all of these? I think that having this handy is a great reminder, especially at times when we suddenly fall off the wagon for whatever particular reasons. Right now, I have a few to work on, like getting 8 hours of sleep, meditating, stretch breaks, going to bed early...but I'm working on it! ;)
Filed under: life