INGREDIENTS (adapted from the cookbook):
. 4 teaspoons coconut oil
. 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
. 1 medium onion, chopped
. 3 garlic cloves, minced
. 4 teaspoons grated ginger (I used dry ginger as I didn't have any fresh)
. 1 tsp. ground turmeric
. 1 tsp. ground coriander
. 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
. 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
. 1 can chickpeas
. 1 can coconut milk
. A couple of handfuls of spinach
. 227 gr. (8 oz) sliced white mushrooms
. About 2-3 cups of broccoli florets
. Fresh cilantro and lemon to drizzle
1. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the cumin seeds until lightly toasted (3-4 min).
2. Add garlic, turmeric, coriander, and red pepper flakes.
3. Add sweet potatoes, chickpeas, mushrooms, and coconut milk. Stir and let simmer over medium heat for 24 min or so.
4. Stir in the spinach, and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle with fresh cilantro and lemon and serve with warm naan.